Advantages of Dried Urine for Iodine Testing
• Urine collection and shipment of the dried filter strips are simple and convenient for the patient and practitioner.
• Dual collections of urine directly on a filter strip, upon awakening and just before bed, are far more convenient and less subject to the inherent inaccuracies of a 24 hr urine collection.
• Iodine and creatinine in dried urine are exceptionally stable for weeks at room temperature allowing more flexibility in collection, shipment, testing, and storage.
• Iodine results expressed in μg iodine per liter urine and per mg creatinine helps to normalize results when problems exist with urine that is very concentrated or dilute.
• Iodine testing allows for determination of iodine status based on CDC and WHO guidelines for thyroid sufficiency, as well as extra-thyroidal sufficiency.
Upon purchase of this exam, you are able to schedule a free 15-minute phone consultation with Dr. Bob to discuss your results.
Refund Policy: Due to the nature and integrity of our suppliers, all sales of testing services are final and non-refundable. Thank you.
Related Online Classes
New Consultation & Lab Test Policy (EFFECTIVE AUG 2021): At this time, we are only servicing online consultations and lab tests with individuals located in the U.S. Thank you for your understanding.